Southern New Mexico Family Medicine Residency Program, Las Cruces
2014 has been quite busy and the SNMFMRP has made some exciting changes to make our Family Medicine Residency Program even better and enhance the patient care offered to our community.
Here are highlights:
- We have started a Pediatric Hospitalist service run by the residents and faculty under the direction of pediatrician Dr. Jennifer Lichtenfels, MD.
- Dr. Danielle Fitzsimmons-Pattison has joined our Family Medicine faculty.
- Memorial Medical Center has started an Acute Care Clinical Pharmacy Residency. This has allowed SNMFMRP to start an MTM pharmacy clinic and has allowed us to have a clinical pharmacist present during rounds with our inpatient team.
- In August 2014 our PGY-2 Residents enrolled at New Mexico State University, Department of Public Health and will graduate in 2016 with a Certificate in Public Health.
- We look forward to continuing to work with La Clinica de Familia a local FQHC as they renovate the old Memorial General Hospital in Downtown Las Cruces. We plan on expanding our residency program into La Clinica de Familia and creating a Teaching Health Center in Las Cruces!
- The Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine will be breaking ground on a new DO Medical school in the New Year here in Las Cruces. We recently submitted our application to the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) seeking osteopathic accreditation for our program.
- Finally, we will be starting an Emergency Medicine/Hospitalist Fellowship, July 2015. We look forward to working with our partners EMA and Benchmark.
Last but not least, our interview season is off and running and going well. We look forward to the match in March!